Go back to the case overview
Dennis: congenital missing teeth - Upper jaw advancement with implants
- Receding upper jaw
- Too short upper jaw
- Missing congenitally multiple teeth in front area
- Class III
Treatment jaw surgery
- Advancement upper jaw (Le Fort I)
- Vertical lengthening upper jaw (extrusion upper jaw - Le Fort I)
- Bone graft from anterior hip.
Treatment dental implants
- Implant supported bridge (fixed denture) upper jaw
- Implant supported bridge (fixed denture) lower jaw
- Implants in the front regio, molars still in place.
About this case
Suergery and Immediate loading February 2016. Dennis missed congenitally many teeth in the front area. Several treatment considerations were weighted against each other and Dennis was re-examined several times. Finally Dr Defrancq decided the following, considering time and costs : to remove the front teeth and replace them by implants. A massive Le Fort I advancement was considered essential as well. All was realised in one surgical time, the upper jaw was replaced using the Titamed system’s screws and plates (titanium) and the temporary teeth were realised in chrome cobalt resin. The final porcelain teeth will be realised in the near future, once the gums are completely settled and healed. Seldom Dr Defrancq saw a more happy patient then this boy when the teeth were fixed after one week.